It's so strange that "aesthetic" has become such a huge thing. We apply the word to everything and then make anything and everything into an "aesthetic."
So why not OTPs?
This blogpost prompt
define your bookish otp with aesthetic and such
While brainstorming for this post, I realized that I don't have many OTPs? Most of my supposed OTPs I'm unsure about and/or they're not widely known. Apparently, I enjoy and love characters as individual characters, and I don't care if they pair up or not.
Yeah, I'm still wondering what's wrong with me too.
I don't know if this actually counts as an "aesthetic" or if it's just a bunch of pictures and words. Whatever it is, here it is.
Percy and Anabeth
salt breeze flipping book pages | air pockets in the ocean | shell necklaces | summer with extended estranged family | that weird hippie aunt who always ruins your summer | orange | cheesy scary campfire stories | that come true | road trips | storm-chasing | wet cement after fresh rain | angry but cares | arm punches | elbowed ribs | darting looks | going to museums | somehow bringing the T-rex bone display to life | memorized book quotes | the magnetic paradoxical nature of the ocean | stargazing with constellation nerds | late night iris messaging
* name calling
* percy does a stupid
* intensified name calling
* anabeth is secretive
* arguments ensue
* ignoring each other level 100
* thus percy does another stupid
* insultingly insults
* rescues each other
* caringly insults
* hopes nobody heard that
* almost awkward
* but percy does a stupid . . .
Elizabeth and Darcy
fresh-cut roses | rain in early spring | mud-splashed shoes | dancing with people you've known forever | risen indignation | smart stares | kitten swiping at your feet as you go by | small sighs and rolled eyes | sheet music | hiding under a cozy blanket with a flashlight and book | mist in autumn | the smell of tea and morning smirks | secret thoughts | caught glances | scathing sarcasm | that's called flirting | summer evenings | visiting friends while they practice music | pen and ink | quaint bookstacks | fumbling around in front of new people | long walks in nature | trees | tall trees | thin trees | robust trees | shrubs and wildflowers | the confusing unfamiliar feeling of heart-warming . . . something? | talks over tea | wherein more is said by omission | full moon glittering on the frost of a winter night | fluffy kittens | little whispers | the smell of books and folded pages | lowered lantern flame
* high-key insults each other
* smug looks vs zero eye contact
* misunderstandings ensue
* elizabeth, STOP HAVING BEAUTIFUL EYES, WHAt even!?
* dance challenge
* 257% communications skills vs how-do-thoughts-come-out-my-mouth
* misunderstanding intensifies
* darcy = how do i emotion
* thus removes himself from the thing causing emotion to occur
* elizabeth left without antagonistic stimulant
* boredom and depression and all the rainy days
* plays piano defiantly
* accidentally communicates honesty too well and brutally insults while proposing marriage
* elizabeth = i will kill you with my eyes . . and i have a lot of words too
* the dramatic revelation of truth DUH, DUN, DUUUUUUH
* kiss and make up and have long convo with big words about all the misunderstandings
* lives happily ever after except for slightly unscrupulous/foolish family relations
Scarlet and Wolf
the smell of the woods at dusk | hoodie weather | losing the keys to your spaceship | hunting for them for half an hour | before hijacking your own ship | damp soil | the smell of tomato plants | sweet pea vines creeping up the fence | mist on the plain | old barns and fresh hay | impulsive adventures | too stubborn to care | out of breath but still running | the wind in your hair | hardcore determination | and someone reluctantly cheering you on | trying to tell jokes | rants and dares | too close too soon | narrow escapes | quiet moments | understood unspoken thoughts | the unfamiliarity of new things | shy but not shy | caring too much and hating it | gun metal | one thing after another | knowing without knowing | the shock of cold morning air | clouds of breath | cuddling with a movie | stars, stars, and stars forever | and then there's the moon
* friend speaks of brooding dude with green eyes
* so what?
* Scarlet has rant-tantrum on tabletop about society's idiocy
* and maybe shoots things
* is this insta-love or is something in the tomatoes
* stop following me
* what are you looking at, no, i didn't just care
* shut up
* #justmet but does daring things like a heroic couple for next 24 hours
* kisses on train
* must be insta-love 'cause the tomatoes should've worn off by now
* BETRAAAAAYALLLLLL . . . ok, it was the tomatoes
* but Scarlet still low-key distrusts
* which Wolf totally deserves
* inhumane fighting
* dramatic wake-up-it's-me-and-your-teeth-are-scary moment
* who's the cyborg
* dramatic separation
* Wolf = love sick puppy / *sniffles* longingly at moon
* Scar = get the crazy glitter unicorn away from me! / confused emotions but whatever
* love you to the moon and back
So who are some of your bookish OTPs?